300 RPM surge with cruise control set at 75 MPH................

From: Suter, Rick (RSuter@bizfon.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:11:19 EDT

One of the many issues with my '99 5.2l is a sporadic increase then decrease
of 2-300 RPMs while using cruise control on the highway at 75 MPH. The
dealership, as usual, has been no help at all. My thoughts were lockup
torque converter impending failure, some sensor telling the truck to do this
or something along these lines. However, I noticed recently that the truck
DOES NOT do this when cruise control is not used while driving a constant
75. I suspect, it's the cruise control, itself. What might drive this
behavior if it is the cruise? Vacuum? Electrical?

thanks,

Rick