it was a sad day at the track friday nite

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 21:12:48 EDT

Well, Friday night I wanted to see how the dakota would run at the track and
the times were down right disappointing.

17.02,
16.8?
and a 16.6?

On the 3 runs, I didn't spin it off the line or anything. As a matter of
fact, Mike Meyeroff's gen2 dakota CC no supercharger beat me by .01 of a
second. It's shifting at 5000-5200 rpms, and my foot is on the gas with OD
off. I dont' get it. a 97 dakota v6 with a bunch of bolt ons (includinga
supercharger) running a 17.02? What gives?

The main difference with the S/C is that now I can really power brake the
truck. so it pulls hard in 1st, then gives up in the rest of the gears and
seems to be running RICH.... really rich since it's gotten cold. Any
ideas?
-Chuong

PS. timing on the distributor has been synced at "0" new plugs, cap,
rotor, etc... so it's not an issue of a tune up or anything.