Re: Grille inserts for 99 Dak...gutter guard?

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 22:24:54 EDT

I have heard the same about the gutter guards...but I only half read those
threads. That certainly sounds my speed :-) It really is a passing idea for
me and I really don't wanna spend big money. I just want to hide the upper
and lower grille areas as the age is begining to show...plus I'd like a
little more finished look to the front.

I fiure I'll try the cheapo idea first and if I really like it, I can always
spend some real money later....after the salt and snow.

So if anyone has info on these "gutter guard turned grille inserts" please
contact me or send me a link.

TIA

--
Kevin Hoegen
99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC

"Art DiRamio" <ADiRamio@opensolutions.com> wrote in message news:C040C578B66BD411929F00508BDC9E4E3A8A49@exchange.opensolutions.com... > I know I've read where a bunch of the people on the list have used some type > of "gutter guard" and made their own inserts. While looking at the Lowes > circular this weekend, I was it in black and a grayish color. Don't > remember whether it was metal or plastic, but was thinking about the black > for my truck (Patriot Blue '01 QC Sport+, not crazy about the gray/chrome > look). The rolls ran no more than $3 or $4 for like a 20' roll. > > -- Art > > -----Original Message----- > From: Woodruff, Jason P [mailto:Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com] > Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 2:50 PM > To: DML (E-mail) > Subject: Re: DML: Grille inserts for 99 Dak...need ideas > > You could always buy one and powder coat it. Better yet you can buy my > cheap one and powder coat them. It seems you thinking on the same lines I > am. I think a contrasting grill looks good. I like the stainless look on > my black dak, and any other dark color, but I think the black grills look > better on light colors or chrome outer grill SLT thing. > > Has anyone tried painting the oem plastic grill inserts? Would you notice > at all if they were painted say light gray? My cheapo grill inserts are > starting to tarnish and I want to huck them, but I don't like the look of > the black hole on the nose. > > Kevin, contact me off list if you want more info on the grill I'm getting > rid of. It might work for you. > > Jay W > 4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black > Mods Profile page at > http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm > > > >Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:25:34 -0400 > >From: "Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen" <kevinhoegen@email.com> > >Subject: DML: Grille inserts for 99 Dak...need ideas > > > >Hey all, > >I've seen a number of sharp looking Black and Blue Daks with the stainless > >grille inserts. I want to do something similar to my Dak...but as it is > >Soalr Yellow....stainless or polished metal look doesn't work for me. > Anyone > >have any ideas as to what I can use that will look good, but is BLACK? Does > >a prodeuct with that color exist, or can I MAKE something? > > > >TIA > >(links are appreciated if u got pics or how-tos posted) > > > >- -- > >Kevin Hoegen > >99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC > >http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen > >Flowmaster 3-chamber Dual outlet > >Stillen RP w/Dual Hooker Euro tips > >Quick-D TB/K&N Intake > >180 RS T-stat/Taylor wires/Autolite plugs > >Centerforce II clutch > >SpeedTweaks IAT adjuster...etc....etc > >(add your link to my site: http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen/links.html > )