Re: 8 3/4" Questions...

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 00:48:47 EDT

Luke, can I assume you weld Cast Iron pretty well? I hope so, spring pads
and shock mounts are a few items you don't want coming loose! Seriously,
though, be very careful and be sure that you get those pieces welded on
there properly. If you don't feel confident that you can do it, I urge you
to take it to somebody who can. That's some tricky welding, mild steel to
cast Iron, on pipe. Will require proper preparation and possibly hardfacing
w/ special rods. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html