Re: Complaints about my posting..Reference "Dumb Ass vs Cops"

From: David Zavetsky (zavetsky@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 21:03:44 EDT

Er.......sorry bout that Dave.....I hadn't actually meant to send it
privately......it was meant for the group.... and again, it was only my
opinion.......so, sorry if I made you feel like I was trying to give you
sh!t.............

That being said, I suppose it *really depends* on what the real events
were, and no one knows that but you and that dude...and that bike guy of
course........

However, to say that you can honestly judge that someone was doing 110
mph without having a reference for yourself is pushing it a bit, eh?? I
mean, if you weren't side by side with him, you had to be doing something
close.......and if you are just drawing on "guessing" his speed, you would
have had to do plenty of 110's in the past for the
reference.......otherwise, it just seems like ya called the cops on this
guy cause you were bummed that he beat ya............come on.....you're
doing 55 and you can GUESS he was doing 110? And then you "caught up" with
him?? Doubtful, in most situations..........like I said, only you and he
know what went down....

.....now, before ya get all steamed up like I'm saying I'm a saint or
something,. I do my share of "spirited" driving.......but very rarely and
only in the safest situations.....well, usually at least....... :) But
c'mon....fess up........you were trying to keep close with him and he was
too fast (or too stupid).......

Just remember one thing: Most of us on this board enjoy...how shall we
say....driving a bit spiritedly......and all it takes is one person getting
pissed and calling the cops.....cops take cell phone call-ins very
seriously, but many people are starting to use this as a toy..........doing
your "citizenly duty" is one thing........"getting even" with someone out
of sour post-skirmish feelings is another.............and remember, too,
that the shoe can be on the other foot next time...........

Like I said......not trying to bust yer stones too hard........but the
gloating over the fact that "I got him busted" is a bit much and I think is
what got some folks goin'.............

About a year ago, I was over my bro'in-laws house and he just got his new
motorcycle setup.............well, I didn't have a helmet with me, and
neither did he..........dumb as we were, we each took a brief putt around
the block.....one city block..........in a residential neighborhood............

He took his first and then I went........well, I went the same route as
him.........about 3/4 of the way thru, some ASSHOLE neighbor ran out into
the street and blocked my way........well, I had to stop.......he started
going on and on about the noise (it WAS Loud) and how FAST I was going (it
was my bro-in-law who zipped by him, not ME...he ASSUMED it was me) and
this and that and another........and of course the helmet thing........

He called the cops and stood there blocking me..........turns out his buddy
(or brother?) is a cop and is right down the road..........so THIS guy
figures he is the extention to the long arm of the law........the cop
listened to my story and let me go...........

The summary: Some dickhead figures he has the right to be the long arm of
the law and that he knows the whole story and tries to get me
nailed.......he turns out looking like the dumbass..........so, you see I
have a special gumption agin' folks who fancy themselves
police-in-disguise.........no offense meant personally..............just
saying my peace......... :)

Just my 2 pesos..................