Re: Re: 13.603 @ 99.35 N/A

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 19:50:40 EST

On Fri, 02 Nov 2001 00:03:19 -0500, flyboy01@mediaone.net ("Mark
Kuzia") wrote:
>Congrats on the 13.6's. I hate to bring you down, but that does not sound
>right. With that combination, you should be running 104+mph trap speeds,
>with slicks, you should be running at least 13.20's.

The speed is probably slow due to the gear ratio, 4.91 effective with
the 26" slicks. I bought them when I still had 3.92 gears, and they
were fine then, effective ratio was 4.10. Now with the 4.56 gears I
probably need to go back to 28" tires in the rear. As for 13.20's,
remember I'm running pretty heavy at 4450 pounds. Is there someone
out there already running my combination in a CC RT? Just wondering
what you are basing the 13.20 prediction on. There are so many
variables involved, it's extremely difficult to predict what ET's
should be, unless there are other vehicles with the same body and mods
running ET's to compare to. Don't worry about bringing me down,
that's not going to happen. I've been working too long to get this CC
into the 13's N/A to be down now. <grin> If indeed I should be
running faster, then that just means I had a bad day, if you can call
it that, and there's even better time slips in my future. :-)

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.