Re: RE: Hemi Dakota Kit Information

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 19:37:54 EST

I think, given that we've seen nothing "official" from DC regarding a new
body style for '03 thus far, GenIV will start in '04 at the earliest.
That's when the next Durango is due as well, though I hear that the Dak and
Durango are going to be diverging - they want to differentiate them more.

Interesting note - the '03 Durango will come with 4 wheel disc brakes. The
next generation Durango will be something like 25% larger inside. I've
gotten this from my father who's done the Durango plant tour 2 years
running - he got the dirt right from the Dodge boys there.

The '02 Ram was a massive effort for the DC truck engineers. I think an
all-new '03 Dak is a bit ambitious. We had 3 years between the Ram
revolution of '94 and the GenIII Dak in '97. If '04 is the new Durango, we
may not even see a new Dak till '05.

This is, of course, all wild speculation.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com