Not Recommended - Jacobs ignition products

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 09:08:11 EST

After a frustrating weekend drive, due do my misfortune to have
  installed Jacobs products, both of which have failed:
 http://www.jacobselectronics.com/products/sparkplugs/ultrafit.htm
 and their OMNI ignition pack,
  my truck is now running again.
 I'd caravan'd up the I5 / Grapevine / Gorman area
 to Mt Abel (beyond Mt Pinos) and my engine started missing, and
finally had the check engine light (due to missing) come on.
 I babied it up to our campsite at 8,000ft to watch the meteor
show last Sunday AM. It was a cold, crisp, clear night, and what a
show! (under the hood, the wires were all sparkly !!)
  Came back down (missing all the way) and got to a Pep Boys
before I melted my cat. Had another set of lifetime wires installed
(can't buy just 1 ya know) and Jacobs will only replace the BBQ'd
ones.
The boots had started arcing thru the sides and to the heat shields.
 There were wide heat cracks on the boots, and it'd only be a matter
of time before the rest of them failed.
Feel free to fwd this to other automotive groups, since there are
good companys, and bad companys, and Jacobs is the latter.
  Oh, least I forget, the wires will join the dead (at 14 months)
 OMNI ignition pack I'd bought at the same time. Not worth the
postage to ship any of them back to Jacobs for "repair".

I'v got a good deal on parachutes with a "lifetime warranty" too!

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might