Re: Re: Swaping a Mopr Perf 380HP Magnum 360 for factory 318

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 22:55:22 EST

Mark Kuzia wrote:
>The best way to do it is to buy a 300hp/360 shortblock, Install a Hughes
>HER1828 cam, R/T heads, 5.9 Magnum PCM, 50mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, and a
>Mopar M1/2bbl intake. This combo should be worth over 400hp and have MUCH

Mark is correct. I'm running close to this combo, except I have the
HER2228 cam, ported big valve R/T heads, MP PCM, 52mm TB, 1.6 roller
rockers, and M1 4bbl intake. I also have MP headers and a high flow
3" exhaust, with 4.56 gears. And like he says, I'm over 400hp. 420hp
at the crank, actually. It's capable of more once I get a better A/F
and timing solution. The MP PCM isn't really doing the job that the
engine needs.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.