Gas Mileage / Carburetor / New Engine?

From: Richard C. Stillwell (rstillwell@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 02:33:30 EST

DML,

    On my 1995 3.9L V6, I have about 90000 miles.. and I get about 12MPG in
city driving, nearly the same on the highway. One mechanic suggested that I
might want to try replacing the carburetor and that maybe my fuel mixture
was a little too rich. Already have an Edlebrock cleaner on the top.
Anyway, was wondering if anyone thought that this would be a worthwhile
replacement. Already replaced the plugs, cleaner, tried fuel cleaner
additives, etc. To be honest, I'm about ready to drop in a new engine in
there, because I drive the hell out of the 3.9 (which, I'm sure, is why my
mileage is what it is). What's the largest crate engine you can stick in
the GenII?

Thanks DML,
Richard C. Stillwell
1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 3.9L V6