Re: 44RE to 46RE Conversion (Whats needed?)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 17:40:50 EST

At 04:40 AM 12/4/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Then what does it consist of converting a 42RE to a 44re?
>Which has more torque capacity and better gear ratios?
>-Chuong

The 44RE is a beefed up 42RE. Information on the differences
is difficult to come by but I think that the 44RE uses beefier
bands/clutch paks. I've also read somewhere that the 44RE
may have an extra one. I assume that their valve bodies
are the same since Transgo has one shift kit for both. I think
the ratios are the same.

Take a look at:
   http://www.tpiperformance.com/a51988up.html

Then try contacting them by email for information.
If you find the exact, internal differences, I'd be interested in knowing.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG