differences in R/T suspension

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 22:32:23 EST

Hi,

    What makes the R/T's sit lower than reg daks? Is it the springs, or is
there more to it? I just installed R/T wheels and I really think it looks
too high now. I'd like to get the stock R/T ride height. What's the best way
to get it? Can I just get R/T springs front and rear from the dealer, and
get the truck to sit like an R/T?

    Also, is the front sway bar the same on R/T's and reg daks? What about
the rear sway bar?

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG - 14.320@98.46mph
R/T wheels, Nitto NT-450 275/50R17 tires, K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604
cam, ProGear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI, MP 1.92" R/T heads, Hughes' roller
rockers, MP polished valve covers, ASP crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax
cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel Supercoil, Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires,
Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch