Re: differences in R/T suspension

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 00:17:45 EST

Doug, the R/T springs are different, but not by much. The R/T's are also
assembled without body isolators, so by removing those, you could bring your
body down some and be closer. As for the springs, before I went to the
dealer and let them rape me for some factory springs, you could remove leafs
out of the rear and cut the front until you are happy with the height(the
best way and easiest way to do it, I think). Or you can do
Hotchkis,DJM,Western Chassis,etc. There is speculation that the R/T swaybars
are of a different diameter than standard bars, but I've yet to confirm
that. If you're really into some swaybars, spend the $$ and get the
Hotchkis, for the difference between factory cost and Hotchkis, I think it's
worth the money. I'm sure you're stuck with the same thing I am- you paid
for the Handling package on your Reg. cab and didn't get a rear swaybar,
right? Well, that gives us nothing to work with from the start. The Reg.
cab's don't get swaybars unless they are R/T's. Anymore questions I can help
with?????

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip