Re: Gas Mileage discovery

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 09:57:24 EST

My guess it is a fluke. Intuitively, if you are going
down to near empty you should get better mileage.
since you are carring less weight. Each gallon of gas
weighs about 7LBS. If you fill up at 3/4 the truck is
heavier requiring more gas to move.
Just a thought
--- Puddlestompa@aol.com wrote:
> When testing my gas mileage I have always let my
> tank empty before I fill it. I consistenly get
> 16-17(w/k&N)mpg. But just this last time with out

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group HD Package Skid Plates
Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber, Steel Horse Torneau cover,
Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs, Removed air horns from Throttle Body,
new TB bolts, Taylor 8mm Wires, Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes,
McGard Tailgate lock, Audiovox cut off switch & hood lock
-Smyrna, Georgia