Re: Can't get the truck in Gear!

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 22:25:00 EST

Sounds like bad syncros, mine were bad on my 99 Dak from day one. Good news,
under warranty.....bad news, it took 29 1/2 days to fix it! One way to check
for sure, put it in another gear, if it goes in another and not first, then
they are bad. Sometimes idling allows them to warm up the oil and get them
working again.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph "Fastdak"
~360ci, 5-spd, 8 3/4 rear / 3.90-SG
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)