Cold weather and Bad steering???

From: JakeandReggie@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 22:15:33 EST

So I get into my truck tonight start er up, go to back out andcan't move the damn sterring wheel! Okay, I can barely move it and that's with putting all my ass into it. My belt is turning the pump, no noises coming from the pump or pully, I have plenty of fluid and the hoses "look" dry. So what could this be? It's cold and dark here in Virginia so I'll be checking it out tomorrow. This is on a 97 5.2 4x4 and never had a problem. It has set still for a couple days and gotten much colder but my wife drove it a few hours before I got in it and all was well. Any help is appreciated.

JAKE