Re: 4.7 vs 5.9 Question

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 00:05:46 EST

Yeah, exactly like that. They were just trying to use the affiliation with
Daimler to try and make a sale. Actually, though- I'm about 80% sure that
the valve cover design(not the material) is actually used on a Mercedes
engine. I've yet to bring myself to pay the $90 the Mercedes dealer wants
for the valve cover gaskets for a SL400. I'm almost sure they're the same as
what we've got, but don't want to find out that bad. But I'm like- so big
deal, it MIGHT share some design features and/or parts with a Mercedes
engine-that's all fine and well, but it's still just what it is! TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip