Re: Tcase removal

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 23:55:51 EST

hehehe, naw man. The truck has been sitting for over 3 weeks, there's been
so much fluid leaking out from the tailshaft/Tcase seam that I can't drive
it w/o adding several quarts of fluid. I've been procrastinating fixing the
mess, just never motivated enough to do it since the turbo'd DSM is sooooo
fun to drive :-)

The truck is being transformed back into less of a hotrod and more toward a
4 wheeler (for now). After I'm satisfied with the DSM, I plan on the
full-time NV Tcase, dropping the truck down, and tossing in a built 360
(poss. 408)

I had to ask how to remove it b/c the Tcase sits on top of the fixed
crossmemeber, with *very* little room to maneuver it once unbolted... I may
just go ahead and drop the trans and rebuild it while I have he sitting in
the garage.

Dave's truck will be a LOT easier to fix, the AX15 tranny is shorter, and
combined with all the lift on that beast I won't have any clearence issues
with the drivetrain components :)
__________________
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

Jon, is there something you're not telling us?? I mean, I know you're a 4wd,
redneck kinda guy, but when I see you're spraying the truck, then you ask
about removal of the T-case, I gotta wonder if the racer in you has taken
over the off-roader! If you're gonna pull the t-case for weight and drag
reasons, you'd just as well put the front diff/half-shafts/front driveshaft
in the garage while you're at it, huh? What's next, cranking DOWN the
t-bars?? Hey, wait a minute- you work on Dave Killian's truck all the time,
right? Isn't the tranny trashed in it? I guess this is the reason behind
your question. Oh well, either way I'm not for sure.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip