Re: 4x4 QC - 4.7 and 5.9

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 00:01:10 EST

Robert- for me it'd only be one of 2 ways- I'd either buy a 4.7L/NV3500
5-spd truck or the 5.9L/46RE truck. If I had to have an auto -It'd be the
5.9L/46RE. I think that if you bought it that way, and immediately added a
VERY large fluid cooler(preferrably a thermostatically controlled,elec. fan
assisted type), a good quality shift kit, an auxilary filtering system, and
a deep pan- it would last for at least 100K. Now, if you like the 4.7L
engine, I'd have to stick with the NV3500 5-spd. I just prefer a standard
shift truck and think that the NV-3500 offers more durability than the 45RFE
auto transmission. just my thoughts. Either way, go for the 3.92 gears!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip