Re: Re: Couple issues w/ my truck today

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 00:38:36 EST

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I was just trying to check around
and make sure that it wasn't a very common thing among the 4.7L's. If I find
that to be true, it could mean that the 4.7L's have a poorly placed oiling
hole in one head or something else like the followers could drain out and
need pumped up after being drained. My noise was definitely coming from the
rear of the driver's side bank(1-3-5-7). I know that the GM 5.3L Vortec
blocks all have a misdrilled oiling hole that feeds one set of lifters and
they all have a chronic ticking warm or cold because of the lack of proper
oiling to that set of lifters.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip