Re: Re: Gen-II gauge questions

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 02:20:49 EST

Thanks for responding. Sounds like your truck could be pretty stout, how's
it run?? What about that Edelbrock package, how's that working out? I know
it's got the aluminum performer heads-are you having problems sealing those
heads or no? Is the reason the tach doesn't work because you bypassed the
factory ignition setup? The alternator deal is likely just because the
voltage regulator is in the PCM and the alternator sees no load until the
regulator loads it and it then begins to charge. Common PCM controlled Mopar
deal.You can get by that by going to an earlier style alternator that is
internally or externally regulated for a non-computer application. Thanks
again for your input,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip