Re: engine compression.

From: Aaron Gasparich (acg302@ptd.net)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 12:12:04 EST

WHats the difference between cylinder psi and compression then? I have a
compression testor for an engine, but it does me no good on an engine thats
all apart. What I learned from bernd is that 150-160psi is actually
(9.1-9.5:1), then i would need to up my compression/cylinder psi to 165psi?
I'm gettin a good deal at the machine shop i go to because i'm good freinds
with the owner. I'm not worried about him cutting the heads, i just gotta
give him the #'s i need changed to acheive the right stuff. The help is much
appreciated.
-Aaron

""Will Coughlin"" <willcoughlin2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Aaron, the nominal deck height of a standard 318 Magnum is 9.595". It is
the
> same for the Magnum 360's and the 3.9L V6 Magnum as well. It scares me
that
> you're using a machine shop that doesn't even know the deck height on the
> engine they're machining for, but oh well. As far as milling the heads,
I'm