Re: Door Panel Destructions

From: Chad Evans (hemidak@msn.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 07:25:47 EST

i could do it in my sleep. you don't need a fsm for. he is correct about the
screws on the bottom. there are two torq screws(not sure what size)and then
one phillips screw in the corner. and that special tool you need is a SOCK
from your drawer. just position the door handle so that the "c" clip is
facing towards the sky or ground doesn't matter.
stick your sock in using both hands and work the sock back and forth(going
up or down) and it will come out. on the mirrors there are three nuts that
have to come off. you will have to disconnet the wiring.
when you get all clips and screws out just lift on the door a bit and reach
down and undo the door lock or unhook the connection if you have power
locks.If you lose that clip and you will Napa Parts stores have them. you
ask why napa's , because you can't get those clips from the dealer. if you
do want to get them from the dealer you will have to buy a whole new handle.
that is the only way to get a new "c" clip.
the hardest part about taking the door panel off is getting it back on.
email me if you have any more questions.