Re: Re: Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:57:41 -0500

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 10:47:14 EST

> Mike,
> Looks fairly simple according to the FSM
>
> 1. Roll windows down
> 2. remove window crank - this takes the special flat tool to push the pin
> off the crank

A sock works wonders for popping this "C" shaped pin off. Watch where the
pin goes though as it will fly ;-)

> 3. remove screws attaching trim panel to door. Looks like four screws.
Two
> at the bottom corners, one at the top of the triangular piece by the
mirror
> and one hidden behind the door handle.

The screws will be both phillips and #15 (I think) torx driver.

> 4. simultaneously lift upward and outward to release retainer steps from
> inner door panels. REPEAT - do not pull out, lift up and out!

The retainer clips are "L" shaped and lifting up an inch will release the
door panel.

> 5. disengage inside handle linkage rod from inside handle.

Lift and swing white retainer clip

> 6. disconnect speaker harness wire connector.
> 7. disengage power mirror wire connector, if equipped (drivers side only).
> 8. disengage clips attaching power window/lock switch panel to door trim
> panel. disengage wire connector from switch panel, if equipped.
> 9. separate door trim panel from vehicle.
>
> Installation is the reverse.
> Cal

Great write-up Cal ;-)

--