Re: Open air intake = less torque (is this possible?)

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 17:54:53 EST

the stock aircan has the snorkel on it (we're talking about your '95 right?)

think of it as long intake runners, it helps create higher air velocity at
lower RPMs. Unfortunately, this also inhibits higher RPM airflow. It's a
fair tradeoff, if my truck ever goes back to a dedicated 4wheelin machine
I'll put the stock aircan back on... yeah, RIGHT =)
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

I wonder if it has anything to do with the crankcase breather, or
possibly the S-bolt...? Maybe when the weather gets better I'll have to
do some experiments.

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@sympatico.ca Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white