Re: Black Magic fans

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 22:54:45 EST

as of recently, I'm a fan of the Black Magic 150.. hey, I'm a punny guy :)
Cheapest place for them is probably Summit.

if it's going in a Gen 2 truck, you'll need to mod the fan slightly to make
it fit well. I put an install writeup on my page about this a week or so
ago. www.fast4x4.net under the how to's section.

Definitely stay away from flex fans, I've seen the aftermath of them letting
loose one too many times... it is NOT a pretty sight ;-)
__________________
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

Hey, I've been looking around for a fan for my truck as the 318 will be
ready to go in about a month from now. For the price of a new fan, I can
get an electric fan or a good flex fan. What are your opinions on cooling
options? I'm going to use the stock v6 radiator for now but hopefully it'll
be gone before winter comes to an end. Where are the cheapest places for
fans? Any group buys around?

I'd like to hear your opinions,
Geoff