Re: Pre-Mag V8 Engine Serial Number

From: Jack 3 (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 09:44:43 EST

Another thing I was thinking is that if the pad is truly
blank, this could be a warranty block. I have heard that
they either do, or did come with a blank pad that the dealer
was supposed to stamp when they installed it.

Anyone.....?

Jack 3

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:24:41 -0500
 "Jack 3" <hemi@charter.net> wrote:
> Well, I finally got the Shelby up on my Brother's lift
> last
> night to have a look. I found the source of the rattling.
> It's the Cat. The insides are broken up and rattling
> around.
> I also wanted to verify that the engine was the original
> and
> matched the Shelby Serial # plate. I found what I thought
> was the engine serial # location. It is a flat place
> along
> the passenger's side oil pan rail. I looked and rubbed,
> but
> it looks blank to me. The engine looks like it may have
> been
> painted Black at Shelby, and possibly the paint has
> covered
> up the shallow engine serial # stamping. Weren't the
> engines
> blue and shelby painted them black?
> Anywho, I looked on the Driver's Side pan Rail of the
> tranny
> and found the stamping there and it does not match, so I
> believe the tranny has been replaced once before, which
> is
> not that uncommon.
> If someone could correct me, shouldn't the numbers on the
> tranny driver's side pan rail and the engine's
> passenger's
> side pan rail match the engine serial # on the ID plate
> on
> the radiator support?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jack 3

> W Jack Hilton III
> Dakota R/T Club Division 2 Rep.
> www.DakotaRT.com
> www.CyberMopar.com
> www.Hella.com

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60"><TEXTAREA