Viper versus Z06 Vette?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 09:47:33 EST

If you are talking about dollar for dollar, the same mag will tell you that
the Camaro SS is a better buy for the buck than the Z06.

Specs: Vette (Z06) Camaro Viper ACR (00)
Viper R/T (03)
0-60 4.2 5.3 4.1 3.9
1/4 Mile 12.6/113.9 13.7/105.6 12.2/118.2
11.8/122.4
Engine: 5.7 (V-8/385) 5.7 (V-8/320) 8.0 (V-10/460)
8.0 (V-10/500)
Gears 3.70:1 3.70:1 3.08:1
3.08:1
Trans: M/6 M/6 M/6 M/6
Price: 48,125 29,656 86,465
71,945.00

Which one is the best bang for the buck???? This is where the new 2004
Dodge R/T Charger should play.

0-60: 4.5
1/4: 13.4/109.00
Engine: 5.7 (V-8/353)