Voided Warranty? UPDATE

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 13:02:44 EST

Regarding my earlier rantings, my water pump failed after 52,000
mi and Chrysler canceled my service contract based on my 2" body
lift (among other things). I spoke with Brian Cadill at SEMA
(finally found a phone number) and unfortunately, he wasn't a
lot of help; he basically told me to follow the procedure on
their website (www.enjoythedrive.com) and good luck. I also got
an email from another guy at SEMA (Andrew Rasberry), but not
sure how far he will get me. For those of you with Chysler
Service Contracts (the extended warranty you can buy from the
dealer), note that there is a single line in the "Eligible
Vehicles" section that basically says, "any vehicle altered from
original manufacturer specifications" is "ineligible" for a
service contract and therefore, they can cancel your contract.
I haven't got a definite answer from anyone yet, but I don't
think the Magnusson-Moss act will help me in this case because
it's a contract and not a warranty. I'm trying to find someone
who knows for sure, but I don't hold out much hope. I'll update
the list if I do get a straight answer. As for my truck, see my
and make a project out of it.

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak