Re: Re: Codes revisited

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 22:55:58 EST

If I may step in (as I talked to Bob tonight and he's on Digest mode, so
may not see this till tomorrow evening)...

Chuck Robbins wrote:

> I just checked the FSM and they only have a small section on the
> evaporative system which has to do with fuel vapor recovery. The most
> common cause for a code is the gas cap as the purge system depends on
> pressure built up by a tight gas cap. I might have missed it, but how did
> you check the gas cap? Did you reset the computer to try and get rid of
> the MIL?

Bob has checked the gas cap, it's tight, and reset the computer. Code came
back.

> There's a couple places that you can do visual inspections on.
>
> 1- The evaporation cannister is located under the truck, inside the left
> fuel rail in front of the fuel tank. You can check for obvious leaks here.

Bob said it looked like he had a loose hose on the evap can. "kinda the
shape of a sparkplug wire "L"". I assume he reattached it and reset the
computer.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com