Re: Synthetic oil question--filter

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley01@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 11:46:09 EST

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:12:40 -0500, shanec@spie.org wrote:

>While on the topic of synthetic oil, I have to ask a (possibly stupid)
>question. Do all oil filters (like Fram) work with synthetic oil and
>regular oil? Which would be the best filter in your opinion to use with
>synthetic oil? Thanks in advance. In case you were wondering--I'm
>switching my Dad's 2001 Prowler with 800 miles on it to synthetic. Happy
>Holidays!

Any oil filter will work with synthetic oil just fine. However, I
would recommend going with the best quality filter you can get.
Especially if you're going to be using a 5000 mile or longer change
interval. I use Mobil 1 filters and like them a lot. And, IMHO, it
won't hurt anything to switch to synthetic oil at 800 miles.

And Happy Holidays to you, too.

Mike Crumley
mcrumley01@charter.net
97 V6 Dallas Cowboys Silver

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,
it's time to pause and reflect." --Mark Twain