RE: Battery Relocation

From: Glen Clark (glen@groupphotographers.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 13:01:11 EST

I was thinking about putting it in the bed, but i didnt want to lose any bed
space, and run the risk of some body tryin to steal it. Other than the
loseing the battery if someone tried to take it, i dont want them to mess
anything up in the proccess (someone stole the driveline out of my 79 bronco
and banged everything up bad, it was like if you really wanted and where
gonna steal it, at least be carefull). The battery i have now is a
Champion, i know they arent the best, but it was cheap, and the postive and
negitive termanals where on the correct sides. With the optima i had, the
postive and the negitive where on the opisite side (vs the champion) and the
postive cable wouldnt reach. So i had to return the optima and go with the
champion. So far so good, and i havent had any starting problems. I do
live in north Idaho, so it gets pretty cold around here, but no adverse
effects yet. I guess im still leaning toward the idea of mounting the
battery in a box to the frame. I do believe i can mount that chapion on its
side, and from the looks of it, that seems to be the only way it would fit.
Thanks for the advice and ideas, if you got more, keep 'em comming. =]
Hehehe. Thanks again.

GlenC
'01 CC 4x4 SLT+ 4.7 Auto
Kenne Bell Supercharged