Who has been fast in any type of vehicle?

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 05:06:35 EST

The fastest I've ever been off of any strip or track
was back in 1982 (I had just turned 16) in my 1971
Volkswagen Bug. This vehicle was built for speed only
and to prove a point. I had got ahold of an engine
and tranny out of a 1968 (I believe) Porsche 912. I
was the terror on the roads in my area, or so I
thought! Was drag racing a early 1970's Pontiac
Venture or Ventura (Nova twin). Went past a trooper.
He said he clocked me around 120 at that time. He
gave chase and the pontiac and I tried to outrun (very
stupid). I was reclocked by another trooper at 147
before I came up on a road block near my main getaway
road (didn't realize that they knew about it). Went
before a judge, got 5 years probation, was told to
dismantle the '71 Bug and sell it, was ordered to buy
a nice sensible family sedan or wagon and didn't lose
my license (do to the testimony of the troopers for
some reason). This coming August will be at the 20
year mark. I had more balls (stupidity) than brains
at that time. Plus dad took it out of my ass
(literally) for doing it. Lessoned learned the hard
way. This has never showed up on my permanent record
though. Why, I have no idea!