Re: BAD milage

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 10:05:13 EST

Yes, there's a winter gas additive, but it's already in the gas you're
burning and it decreases mileage. It's allegedly for lower emissions, but
that doesn't work out.

When you say you get about 200 miles per tank, is that 200 miles till the
idiot light comes on? I'm guessing this is w/ the 22 gallon tank. Checked
your tire pressure? The temperature's dropped the last couple days and
colder air = less tire pressure unless you put more air in.

City mileage is normally worse than highway mileage. My highway mileage
has degraded to about 16 MPG, in the summer I pull 13 in the city. This
tank, because I spent so much time in traffic w/ the snow Friday night,
will be 12 or so.

What kind of city mileage were you seeing before your trip?

You may want to reset the PCM. After a long highway trip like this one,
the PCM may have learned to the point where it's in "highway" mode or
something like that all the time.

May want to try going w/o the JET for a while and see how that works out.

How many miles are on your Dak? Time for a new O2 sensor maybe?

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com