re:Re: hmmm, my friends v6 is quicker?(Punch)

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 05:20:48 EST

Hey Punch,

I've had the same experience while using the "butt-dyno". A buddy of mine
has a 350 Chevy that I thought would spank my Dak. I've driven his Chevy
plenty of times, and it has some great off the line pull. Needless to say
after a few arguments about whose was faster, we decided to race. He did
pull on me off the line, but after that, my Dak had him by about 1 and a
half lengths for the rest of the race. (About 1/8 mile).

My advice to you is to take your Dak and your buddy's truck to the track and
put it to the test! You may be pleasantly surprised with a win, or get some
"test and tune" time to locate any lost horsepower. Unlike runs on the
street, there's not much arguing over a time slip from a track.

Good luck!

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport