Re: was:tailgate? now: snow

From: Car37 (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 18:02:36 EST

I have been seeing the snow in Buffalo and NYS, I am just amazed at the snow
there and none up here. I drove home to New Brunswick from Ontario for
holidays for the first time with no Storms or snow or bad weather on the whole
trip which is odd for the area. Where my house is in Ontario, I have about a 8
to 10 inches of snow in the yard.
But still at 1PM driving East today, I watched a Honda Civic launch off a dry
road into the center medium at 120Km/h (about 72mph). Said the sun got in his
eyes, which was over head to the back of us. As I could see, he pulled out to
pass a car on the beginning of a right curve and did not curve with the road..
Just before this, I was wondering, as I was looking at all of the tracks going
into the center and sides, got there and how that many could go off the road in
good conditions and then ZOOM, there he went. No one was hurt and I was amused
for the day, wish I had a camera and a passenger to film it. He drove about a
mile at 70km/h before stooping before a emergency vehicle turn around where it
is built up and a drain pipe, that would have hurt, getting stuck there. What I
do not get is when he did pop out on the other side of the highway in the
opposing traffic, why not just stop, instead of trying to get back to his side
at this break neck speed, if it were me I would have stopped there and turned
around red faced to an exit, to turned around and continued my trip. But then
again, I have never (knock on wood) left the highway in these conditions by
myself, not saying I have never done some stupid things in my driving career.
Scary people out there.

--
Shawn Englehart
http://www.geocities.com/englehrt