Re: MAJOR Dakota electrical problems! PLEASE!!

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 19:51:39 EST

Sounds like a bad ground problem to me. Check battery ground (s) (there may be
more than 1) and grounds under the dash where several wires may be grounded
under a bolt. May be at several places under the dash.

"Well. I'm having the most bizarre electrical problems with the Dakota lately. I
was driving at night, and the lights on the AC/HEATER panel start to flicker a
little. 5 minutes later, same symptoms. Lights on the AC/HEATER panel aren't on
with the headlights on, nor is the cigarette/power outlet Tonight, I went to
start her up. Nothing. Turned the key all the way.Nothing, it wasn't even
attempting to crank. You heard the little fuel pump or whatever go on though,
and that's it. I finally got her to start after the 10th time, and she barely
started. Nothing appeared to be on to drainthe battery.