Re: Rear ABS & Ice

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 22:25:42 EST

You locked your front wheels, so the rears will lock. All
rear abs is good for it preventing the rears from locking
first, and having you swap ends going down the road. 4
wheel abs is the only way to go.

Sam

--- Carl Davis III <carldavis@mac.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We received some snow here in Atlanta and some patches of
> ice to go with
> it. While slowing, I noticed that my rear would lock up
> a bit, but I
> never noticed my rear ABS kicking in. Is this normal for
> icy
> conditions? I thought that as long as a wheel with an
> ABS sensor
> stopped moving and the brakes were applied, then the ABS
> would kick in.
>
> Thanks
>
> Carl
> 99 SLT V6
> 88 Rx7 GXL Turbo

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com