Re: Moisture in the Oil Again!

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 00:58:20 EST

I checked for foamy oil emulsion in the 4.7 engine oil fill housing before I
went to Dallas this morning and found a bunch of it in there. I don't get to
drive more then 5 or 6 miles at a time here to much. That would cause the
build up. After getting to Dallas (45 miles) Recheck for the foamy oil
emulsion in the oil fill housing, About 80percent was gone!! After getting
home checked it again and all but in the corners were cleared out! At this
point I wiped out the filler housing with a rag. Due for a oil change also
and not a drop missing from the last oil change!

--
Don Mallett