Moisture in the Oil Again!

From: Brian (Brian.Boyes@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 00:45:00 EST

This is the second time this has happened. Was heading out on a long drive
before new year's and I couldn't wait for the dealership, so I took my Dak
to a local oil-change place. Lo and behold they discover moisture under the
oil cap... again! Last time I found this I took it straight to the dealer to
be fixed. I thought the problem had gone away, but this time I was a little
late getting the oil changed, so maybe it had time to build up or something.

Anyway, they said they see this a lot on the 4.7s and the problem is the
seal on the oil cap. So, does anyone know if there is a third party cap I
can get? Second, what do I tell my dealership? Obviously if this is going to
cause a problem that won't show up until later, I need to make sure they
record that I reported the problem, even if they can't fix it now.

Brian
'00 QC Dak "The Big Green Machine"
40000 clicks and counting!