Re: Gen IV Dakota Comments

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 11:39:40 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2002 11:21:51 PM Central Standard Time,
Silvereightynine@aol.com writes:

> First of all - D.C. had better not turn the
> Dak into some el cheapo Explorer Sport Trac looking thing. The style HAS TO
> RETAIN some traditional Dakota lines. Even when you look at a Gen III you
> can still see design cues from the old Gen I trucks. Thats a good thing. My
> 2nd comment is just as important. If there is anyone from D.C monitoring
> this list or anyone who will get info back to D.C - LISTEN UP!!! BRING
> BACK THE 8 FOOT BED OPTION!

100 percent CORRECT!!

On all points. they also need to bring back the 2600# payload as well..
seems they're trying to slowly make the Daks more like the Jap "trucks" they
look like trucks but can't work like trucks. There are many people out there
that would prefer to buy a Dak that can do the work of a 3/4 or 1T when it
needs to without having to buy something full-sized to maneuver around.

Here's the work truck for you Tom.

Quad Cab 4x4 w 8ft box
5.7L Hemi, 5 spd
4wheel ABS & rear disc brakes
2600# payload
245/75 R16 all terrains
16 x 8 steel wheels
60/40 Split bench
AM/FM, A/C , P/S

work truck!! minus the price padding options.
Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo