Gen IV Dakota Comments

From: Tom (Silver89) (Silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 00:19:34 EST

After reading a few posts about the upcoming Dak... I thought I would put in
a few cents worth of opinions. First of all - D.C. had better not turn the
Dak into some el cheapo Explorer Sport Trac looking thing. The style HAS TO
RETAIN some traditional Dakota lines. Even when you look at a Gen III you
can still see design cues from the old Gen I trucks. Thats a good thing. My
2nd comment is just as important. If there is anyone from D.C monitoring
this list or anyone who will get info back to D.C - LISTEN UP!!! BRING
BACK THE 8 FOOT BED OPTION!

D.C is damned right if they are worried about real truck guys not wanting to
buy a Dakota because its "less than a real truck". To me a real truck has a
vinal bench seat, and an 8 foot bed and should be able to ride as hard as an
old CJ Jeep. :-) but then again thats just me! I don't want my truck to
ride like a Caddie - I want it to ride like a truck!

<steps off soap box>

"That one has a strange blue neon thing... I'm betting theres cocaine up
there" - Eddie Vedder

Tom (Silver98)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2
1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow