Update on Wire Disaster

From: Tom (Silver89) (Silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 15:43:55 EST

well after sleeping everything off from lastnight - I woke up bright and
early at 2 pm today and pulled out my FSM. What I discovered confirmed my
thoughts from lastnight. The ground wire that runs to two different splices
in the wire harness under the dash - was melted. It fused with a light blue
wire - which according to my FSM, is (suprise suprise) the key-in-ignition
buzzer. What I don't know is, did that melted ground wire fuse with anything
else. I did a fast test of the rest of the trucks electrical functions -
headlamps, signals, etc. But nothing extencive. I am going to try and find
out how badly the wires did melt. (which may or may not require removing the
dash)

To clarify something - the lights I was mounting on the roof were NOT off
road lights. They are the amber running/clearence lights that run along the
windsheild line on the roof. The kind that use 194 light bulbs.

Anyway - I'll keep everyone updated. THe truck starts and drives - but I'm
paranoid about more shorts. I want to find out how bad it really is. As you
pointed out Aaron - (fingers crossed) I think it looks worse than it was.

Lesson of the day - "Better safe than sorry" - Disconnect all how wires!

You may now hand me my R/T Curse Award! Thaaaank you!

"That one has a strange blue neon thing... I'm guessing theres cocane up
there" - Eddie Vedder

Tom (Silver98)

webmaster@savechrysler.com
www.savechrysler.com

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2
1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow