Re: RE: heat not working that good

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 01:21:30 EST

Ok... I need to put in my 2 cents about this heated subject. "wind chill"
and inanimate objects. True Inanimate objects do not feel "wind chill". What
they do feel is a Delta-T. Which means difference of temperature of 2
objects. The greater the Delta-T between 2 objects the higher(faster
transfer) of heat from one to the other. Wind chill is when a object (living
thing weather it be a human, a friggin Squirrel or a raccoon)feels the
effect of cold air removing heat from it body. Wind chill is a measurement
of the combined effect of the Delta-t of the air and body with the wind.

--
Don Mallett