RE: heat not working that good

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:24:50 EST

Uhhhh...the fluids should have been changed about 40K miles ago! ;)

Use the standard "Green Stuff"...you'll be fine. (Just flush out the
system with some cooling system flush and water to get all the "goop"
out of it.)

On the heating issue, a colder t'stat will make the heater run colder as
well...if it's really cold outside (we're at 30-34 degrees)...it will
run a lot colder due to the wind chill on the radiator (from driving).
I've got a 160 in my V6 and the heater doesn't warm up very much in this
weather...but it still is warm enough to "toast" my tootsies in the
winter.

- Bernd