My Dak's antifreeze leak: an update

From: Jon (jonram@megalink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 01:58:13 EST

All right... I've gone out and run it all over the place trying to get it to
leak again, it just won't..
While I was working the other day, my dad checked it and said the antifreeze
level was low, and I had some "white sh!t" in my radiator. So he added some
antifreeze, and it hasn't leaked since. I'm thinking his "white sh!t" was
some stopleak the PO must have put in there, and my only guess is that by
adding antifreeze to the correct level, he equalized pressure, allowing the
stopleak or whatever it is to be run through and do it's job rather than
collecting in the radiator fins.

Now, I gotta worry about my belts and plastic fan shroud, apparently...
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund BugShield