Stolen Vehicle

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 03:09:21 EST

Well... I got a call from my girlfriend at about 1PM today... She was
histerical. Apparantly, somebody had stolen her car last night. It was a
1998 Honda Civic LX. If anyone is familiar with the Cal State Fullerton
area, it was stolen right out of the parking structure! These guys
must've had a little know how of what they were doing. There was an
alarm on the thing (I know, they really don't do anything), and there
was no glass in the parking stall. Also, I don't know enough about
Hondas, but my guess is that they just hotwired the thing and drove it
to some warehouse/house/garage and stripped it. What are people
thinking? I mean what kind of person goes out, and steals a car.
Unforunately, my girlfriend had a pearl necklace that had sentimental
value from her grandmother in the car, as well as some clothes/shoes
(You know how women are about that!), and a camera she had just gotten.
It just pisses me off that somebody can do something like this! My guess
is that it's already been stripped for parts and is sitting in some
alley somehwere.

Also, does anybody know of the best place to get Hondas? While it took
awhile for that thing to get up to speed, it was a great car. I actually
enjoyed it, as it was a nice change from the Dakota.

So, I would just like to remind everybody here that you never think it
will happen until it happens to you. Please take out your personal
belongings from your vehicle(s) when you're parking it. Also, be careful
when you park.

Just my .02, and I apologize for the off topic post

william