RE: whats your opinion?

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 09:57:28 EST

Hey Punch!

My '92 has the under-the-rail drop in liner. Yes, it has rubbed the paint
off under the liner, but it does not see any light. Thus, I do not have any
rust under the liner. Not even at the tailgate where it is exposed to some
light! One thing I did on the front rail is wedged a 2X12 right in front of
the extension holes. This protects the front rail for any damage as the wood
stock out about 1/2" or so. The also helps prevent the liner from bowing out
to let more moisture under the liner.

As far as whether to get the spray-on type, it comes down to its general
purpose. Meaning, the items you put in the bed, is it ok if they slide
around on the drop-in liner? The spray-in types have more friction. I have
had my Line-X for over a year now (on the '01). I've had some pretty
damaging loads in there, but you can not tell a thing! I do like the looks
and performance of it over the drop-in.

Best of luck!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 255,000mi!