Re: Re: Re: Stuffed R/T Update (longish)

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 12:33:52 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2002 6:06:23 PM Central Standard Time,
homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca writes:

> $14,000 is not to outrageous a price. You have to remember exchange rate
> alone brings it down to about $9000 US. Most of the parts for this thing
> have to come from the States. I know Turbo Technologies stuff out of
> Washington state is basically bullet proof and that doesn't come cheap. I
> saw their shop truck about 3 years ago and it put almost 1200HP to the rear
> wheels and it was a daily driver!!!! The Magnum 360/380 HP crate motor from
> my local dealer will cost me $5900 Canadian landed and that is just a long
> block. $14,000 for a twin turbo, intercooled, injected and built motor
> installed and dyno'd with a gaurantee that it will make a minimum HP is not
> to crazy.

I don't think it's the dollar amount that people are commenting on being
outragous; but more that it's only going to have 500HP for that kind of
money.. Granted.. at that level it should last for 100K miles.. but I doubt
if that's the intention. I'd say for all the hassles of plumbing twin turbos
& building a motor.. stop at around 750-800Hp and it should still be VERY
reliable.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd