Re: RE: RE: Re:VIPER TRUCK - Goodbye Lightning

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 09:13:33 EST

At 08:12 PM 12/9/01 -0800, you wrote:
>well, ford needs to do something because the company is going down really
>fast. I have heard several financial reports of ford as well as other talk
>that they have been having very poor quality lately, they are not working
>very hard on new models (that they will actually build), and they are in
>need of a total reorganization. Apparently they are running very
>inefficient.

There are very strong indications that Ford will be closing up
the truck assembly plant up here in Oakville, Ontario. This
is the only plant that currently puts together the Lightning.
If this comes about, 1,500 jobs will be gone. An announcement
is expected today (Thursday).

>They said ten years ago the quality of fords was second only
>to very expensive imports, today they are one of the lowest.
>--snip--

My son's best friend has been working in the Oakville plant
for almost 20 years and he has become very upset with the
collapse in quality control the past couple years. These
are problems that are well-known within the plant. He has
a older Ranger but is now looking at the new Ram.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG